Jul 14, 2008

DDR-ed Saturday

Once again I should write in English, and this time because more than half of people that contributed to this event will not read it in Portuguese. I really don't think it's nice to see your name and pictures in a post if you're not able to understand what it's said about you!

So, we had an amazing time last Saturday, filled with great food, such as "pão de queijo", gyozas, bruschettas, Kat's giant cookies, brownies and cakes. Not to mention DDR Max 2. Yep, if you know what it means, you lived in the 90's. If you don't and you are Brazilian, you are either too old or have no Japanese friends.

DDR was the dance game teenagers used to play in arcades. I first played in... Hmm... Can't really remember about it, but that shows how long it has been. Couple of years ago Felipe gave me the game and 2 pads to play at home, using his own PS2 (no, the PS didn't come with the gift).

We haven't played since we moved - probably a little bit more than that - but Rachel (my neighbor) was amazed when she heard about it and we decided to have food, caipirinhas and fun.

Everyone, specially our boys, was shy at the beginning, but with a little help from Sagatiba and bubble tea it was much easier than it seemed. And I'm so happy to live in the first floor of our building, with no neighbors to hear our jumps and slips.



Almost 1am - parties in the US start at 7pm! - we were tired, fed and sleepy. But it doesn't end here. And I know my comment that follows is something only Brazilians will be surprised with, as for Americans it will sound just a common behavior.

In probably 10 minutes all the mess was just gone. Here there are no cheap maids and cleaning ladies as in Brazil, so everyone is concerned about helping those who offer their house for a party. It ranges from bringing disposable plates and forks to helping you clean the floor and taking the garbage out. It really amazes me.

****************

10 minutes ago I was writing this post. Just after I published it, I checked [Rachel's blog] and what a surprise! Not only the same subject, but it seems there will be Potluck & Dance Party II. Yay!

3 comments:

Marilia said...

I would love to be a fly and be there watching everyone having fun!!
Be HAPPY!!!!
Eu adoraria ser uma mosquinha...
Sejam felizes!!!
Kisses, bjs

Luciana said...

WOW! That's why I want a Wii so badly... It's so much fun! Lucky you guys! :-)

Rachel A. said...

Paula, that was SO much fun!